Are you having issues with ACRE?

Have a problem with ARMA 3, Teamspeak or the forums? Let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Are you having issues with ACRE?

Postby Claw » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 pm

If your having issues with ACRE and you are unable to resolve these with the usual fixes (reloading plugin, new radio, change channel) then please give a brief list of the problems here.

We want to try and see how many people are having similair issues and if anyone has come across fixes for any of them. We also would like to know when you had the issues (map, mission etc.) if possible

Please don't turn this into a slam ACRE lets go back to TFAR thread becuase it will locked and archived if it does

Thanks guys

:)

Claw
Claw
Recruiter

Re: Are you having issues with ACRE?

Postby Leafback » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Issues here. Usually the issue is when I don't hear transmissions from one person in particular, although a few times I failed to receive any transmission from anyone. The issue is most prevalent on my short range, although a few weeks ago I noticed it twice on long. On the training server I've never encountered the problem and it works as expected.

First time I've noticed it was the week when we first started as CSAT.
Leafback
Recruiter

Postby xqm » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Tonight was the first time i had issues
148 didn't have proper channels after respawn, removing it and grabbing a new one didn't help. The 152 still worked tho
Image Image
xqm

Postby autumn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:45 pm

V2 had a lot of comms issues tonight when around those trees we examined at the scene (when paused). Not sure if it's a tree issue (could that be an issue there? sightlines under the canopy were clear but i don't know how models invisible things could effect it) but there was a lot of

Player 1 "can you hear this?"
Player 2 "yes"
Player 3 "no, I can't"
Player 3 "I can now"
Player 4 "I can't hear you at all"

All with a mix of players in close vicinity.

Seems a bit close and a bit clear to be 'simulated radio transmissions' - my 40 quid walkie talkies don't have problems at those distances so I'm putting it down to bug rather than feature although specifics are impossible to nail down. ideas/techy answers welcome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leshrack: I don't watch drawn things, they are for children.
Pat on being combat medic for the first ACE 3 immersion night with full advanced medical turned on:
"You'll all be fine, as long as you don't sustain any wounds of any description."
autumn
Operational Command

Postby Leafback » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:36 am

I should also mention my computer stuff.

I'm running Win 10, 8gigs DDR3, NVidia GTX 960, I7-2600 CPU
Leafback
Recruiter

Postby MikeBeehan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:39 am

Couldn't hear claw on the radio, but only in direct chat, similar to the problem leaf has
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
MikeBeehan

Postby Raving » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 am

Nobody could hear Niels, I think it was, in direct chat. He could only communicate with us over the radio.
ImageImageImage
Raving

Postby Niels » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Raving wrote:Nobody could hear Niels, I think it was, in direct chat. He could only communicate with us over the radio.

Confirmed, everything was working fine until the first "pause", after that nothing worked to fix the problem. Not sure if the "pause" had anything to do with it, it is possible it did not function properly before the "pause" but I did not notice it. To clarify it worked fine, after the first "pause" I noticed it did not work anymore but not sure when it stopped working.

Radio comm worked fine, direct chat/talk did not work at all.
I reloaded all the plugins in TeamSpeak multiple times did not solve the issue, I restarted TeamSpeak but still the same issue (radio works fine, direct chat/talk did not work) I checked TeamSpeak itself and the blue icon next to my name would light up when I tried to speak in direct, so my push to talk button was not malfunctioning (I have a new mouse so just wanted to be sure of that)

I had zero issues in the previous Tuesday op.
Kind of sucked but on the bright side Patman is probably not a dick who was ignoring me when we where alone in the Ifrit he simply could not hear me talk :D
Niels

Postby patman76 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm often a dick ;) but on this occasion I didn't hear you!
patman76

Postby Leshrack » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Niels wrote:
Raving wrote:Nobody could hear Niels, I think it was, in direct chat. He could only communicate with us over the radio.

Confirmed, everything was working fine until the first "pause", after that nothing worked to fix the problem. Not sure if the "pause" had anything to do with it, it is possible it did not function properly before the "pause" but I did not notice it. To clarify it worked fine, after the first "pause" I noticed it did not work anymore but not sure when it stopped working.

Radio comm worked fine, direct chat/talk did not work at all.
I reloaded all the plugins in TeamSpeak multiple times did not solve the issue, I restarted TeamSpeak but still the same issue (radio works fine, direct chat/talk did not work) I checked TeamSpeak itself and the blue icon next to my name would light up when I tried to speak in direct, so my push to talk button was not malfunctioning (I have a new mouse so just wanted to be sure of that)

I had zero issues in the previous Tuesday op.
Kind of sucked but on the bright side Patman is probably not a dick who was ignoring me when we where alone in the Ifrit he simply could not hear me talk :D

Were you tabbed out of arma when you checked whether or not your ptt button worked?
There have been cases where arma for some reason or another just gobbles up some keybinds so that other programs don't get the memo. If radio was working normally for you this scenario would be my first guess. Whatever causes arma to do this behaviour is unknown to me.
Leshrack
Community Hero

Next

Return to Technical Support