Introduce yourself

Wind down and bring any discussion to the table, ARMA 3 related or not, it's open season here.

Introduce yourself

Postby autumn » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm not really one for these sort of threads usually, but seeing as I've got to know so many of you (and you seem like a nice bunch ;) ) I figured why not :roll:

Since I met Claw and ORilian at Eurogamer this year I've wondered what a lot of you actually look like and what you all do when we're not being virtual soldiers with serious game faces on :D

Don't feel obliged to post, it's not required to be a member here of course, I just thought it might be interesting.

My real name's Sam. I live in the south of England, just outside of London. I'm a graphic designer by trade and also take an interest in photography (I have a book on blurb if anyone's interested :D), music (both listening to and making) and journalism. I run a music blog universalwax.net (who patman and sigidi both contribute to) and started editiongaming.net shortly before joining Reach (both have subsequently suffered with a lack of content since due to lack of time haha).

my own music for anyone who likes ambient stuff :) - Lamorna, Soft Temple, Ellylldan

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leshrack: I don't watch drawn things, they are for children.
Pat on being combat medic for the first ACE 3 immersion night with full advanced medical turned on:
"You'll all be fine, as long as you don't sustain any wounds of any description."
autumn
Operational Command

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby ville » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:37 pm

I'll go next! Though without a photo now because I'm not so photogenic and I don't have any good images of myself (at least not yet, I'll update one if I can find a good one).

My real name is Ville, which tells something about my creativity when it comes to online aliases, although I also go by the name Bananazorz in Steam for example. I come from the beautifully snowy land of Finland where I reside near our dear capital of Helsinki in a city called Espoo (home of Angry Birds, Nokia and others) I'm currently what the society likes to call a student. I've participated in many projects in the past, one of the most major ones being the community manager of Forgotten Honor from 2010 to the summer of 2013. I've also been the PR/social media guy for a modding project called Karelian Front (a continuation war mod for Red Orchestra 2). That project has since gotten to an indefinite hiatus. I also contribute as a news writer and an occasional reviewer for a Finnish gaming site called Gaming.fi.
Minimally exceptional.
ImageImage Image

Postby Shredeemer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 pm

well... some of you have gotten to know a little about me, but I guess I haven't really introduced myself.
My name is Logan, 27, and I currently live in western Montana, USA in a town named Missoula (endearingly nicknamed ZooTown by its inhabitants). Work is anything I happen to get my hands into, and it varies wildly.

I was brought up in a military family, and up until i was turned down by the US Armed Forces, on three separate occasions, from three separate branches, I was my primary goal in life to join. Since I was denied that chance, I just became a bit of a military buff (I just soak up info like a sponge). Now I kinda live a freeform life, being as good a person as I can to as many people as I can, and entertaining my interests as they are piqued. I dabble in DJ'ing (mostly house and dub), play guitar (anything from a standard 4s bass to an 8s electric), used to do vocals in a metal band, and build PC's for myself and others.

I enjoy a good beer as much as any man, but my main vice is---- "Gimme my FUCKING JOINT!"

old pic, but you get the idea...
Last edited by Shredeemer on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
ImageImage

Shredeemer

Postby Claw » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Suppose I'm next

My real name is Graeme, 23, I live in Scotland near Edinburgh and I currently work for GAME. I'm engaged to my very patient fiance who understands that I need to play games just to chill :P I have 3 wonderful kids (I say wonderful but thats just in case Michele reads this haha) that take up most of my free time when i'm not on here with you guys.

Love Iron Maiden, Stargate, StarWars but most of all I LOVE FIREFLY (so much so that my daughter was almost called Inara) (up the browncoats)

ORilian and I live close to each other and grew up with each other.

So this is me and a member of DSG i met in london when we went out for drinks with Sam
Claw
Recruiter

Postby Nightmare » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi, my names Kyle (Nightmare in game). 22, pretty laid back. Enjoy sex. Looking for a part time partner to meet up with regularly.
I have a motorbike, and I love every second of riding it. So much so, that I was riding about 300 miles a week.
As you can see I fell in love with my bike a fair bit. If you have never experienced riding a motorcycle I highly recommend it, so much freedom, and you just look cool as fuck xD
Unfortunately I had an off. Was doing a bit of a weekend tour with my mates down by the coast, and we were going along some country lanes bumbling along *shifty eyes*. And I hit some gravel in the middle of the road. The rear wheel started to lose traction so I braked a little and the rear wheel locked up immediately (new rear sintered pads) ¬¬ I tried to correct the bike but it threw me (high side), I ended up skidding along the road a few meters before hitting the bank on the corner of the road at 45-50mph. The resulting impact broke 3 ribs, my right collar bone and punctured my lung. I was held down at the side of the road for 2 hours as they pumped me full of drugs and performed road side surgery to fit a chest drain to stop my lung collapsing anymore (blood was pouring into my lung).
So this is the reason I have so much spare time to play Arma atm.
It healed up pretty damn well :) Have to be amazed at what surgeons can do now days.
Last edited by Nightmare on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Tank Instructor/Sword Member
Nightmare

Postby TheRedSun » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey hey
Since it's a trend atm ;)
I guess its my go, Well the names Matthew I'm 21, I'm from Wales (yes bring on the sheep jokes :P )
I was working as a police support officer but then had to go on the sick due to a chronic back problem but now hopefully I'm on the mend and looking to rejoin up late next year
I'm a noob to computers only had one for about 8 months and I've found myself here (all due's to Nightmare)
well good to be a part of the clan :D

Qualifications
Rifleman Bronze

SWORD Bronze
TheRedSun

Postby Shotgun Charlie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:26 am

Hello All,
My name is Charles, I'm from Chicago but currently work in Afghanistan. That is mostly why I am not around that often. I am 29, I was TAC-P in the Air Force for 6 years and now I am apart of a Personal Security Detail in Kabul.
As far as ARMA goes Im a super Noob but in 43 days I will be back in the states so im looking forward to sitting and rotting for a while on ARMA.
I am also a pilot, That picture below is an Piper Arrow that I own with a friend. I do alot of Snowboarding trips, I try to hit a different country every year.
Attachments
DSCN0180.JPG
DSCN0180.JPG (212.67 KiB) Viewed 11841 times
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 11841 times
477243_10100581442606527_1911889061_o_edited-1.jpg
477243_10100581442606527_1911889061_o_edited-1.jpg (171.59 KiB) Viewed 11841 times
Qualified:
Bronze Rifleman
Shotgun Charlie

Postby RustingKnight » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:51 pm

My turn.

Name's Adam, I'm a 22 year old software engineer working at BAE Systems in North West England.

Most of my time right now is spent at work and when not there I'm either playing ArmA or spending time with my girlfriend and looking at houses.

Music is mainly metal but there's bits and pieces of most other genres in my library too for when the mood strikes.
Last edited by RustingKnight on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RustingKnight
Community Trainer

Postby autumn » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm so glad loads of you replied to this haha, I was worried it would just be me on my own up there :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leshrack: I don't watch drawn things, they are for children.
Pat on being combat medic for the first ACE 3 immersion night with full advanced medical turned on:
"You'll all be fine, as long as you don't sustain any wounds of any description."
autumn
Operational Command

Postby fabo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:24 am

Alright!

My name is Svilen, (nickname fabo for as longs as 11 years now), 25 years old from Bulgariq. I've finished economics and I work for Jotun - Norwigean coatings manufacturer.

I used to play airsoft (as you can see from the airsoft thread). I also play a ****loads of games in my spare time.
Like arma,dayz, bf4,civ 5, rome total war, league of legends and the list goes on depending in what mood I am.
fabo

Next

Return to Mess Hall