Destiny (PS4)

A place to discuss other games we're playing.

Re: Destiny (PS4)

Postby patman76 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:58 am

Destiny Beta PS4 | Exploring the Moon with Autumn

patman76

Postby G.Drew » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:40 pm

The criticsms that are holding be back from buying this is:

-Narrow FoV (Hopefully this is remedied with a PC release).

-There doesn't appear to be ALOT of depth to the character customisation.

-Lack of content (I know its a beta public test, but for the PvE theres, what, 5 levels? even if they were to include 5 levels for every planet, or more, plus raid/event areas, plus a PvP arena, that is still pretty slim for a game that is aiming to be an MMO FPS.

Other than that the game looks pretty dam solid. Still, I cant imagine why people would by a PS4 just to play it.
Image Image

G.Drew

Postby patman76 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:34 pm

I have enjoyed the beta and will definitely get this at launch, although i'd say that the lack of depth is the main problem. All the classes are essentially the same, even sharing the same weapons and feel.

The missions and general play are already feeling a little bit samey, but that comes with the MMO territory.

It's still a good, solid and fun shooter – albeit one that you might not feel the need to plough 100s of hours into.

I feel that more will be added to the final release, although knowing Activison, it will probably come at a financial cost in the form of paid-for DLC
patman76

Postby Shredeemer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:36 pm

patman76 wrote:... All the classes are essentially the same, even sharing the same weapons and feel.

I disagree... the classes differ "just enough" right now. You have to remember the beta level cap was 8, and you never saw any of the subclasses (if I remember right there'll be a total of 3 subs/class at release). Having put all eight lvls on all 3 classes, I can tell you, there's enough of a difference, for now, the subclasses will be what makes the game though.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
ImageImage

Shredeemer

Postby patman76 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:14 am

Shredeemer wrote: ...the subclasses will be what makes the game though.

The subclass paths will be good; it's a pity that some of the more unique class specific abilities weren't more apparent in the beta.

It will be great when a fire team made of different, unique classes can compliment each other with their abilities and specific skills, rather than just bringing more of the same firepower to the fight.
patman76

Postby Shredeemer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:54 am

I'm also fairly certain that they limited the number of "types" of weapons that the game dropped, just for the beta. I recall only seeing "hand cannon" type pistols, and absolutely no SMGs... contrary to earlier tests. I recall Defiance doing something similar when their Beta phases were released. I also did not see a single "energy" weapon, and I'm fairly certain there were more than just ballistic/projectile primary weapons planned.
ImageImage

Shredeemer

Postby autumn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:34 am

I've got a few energy weapons in my arsenal. They fire crazy purple, blue or orange things and do mega damage. They're pretty epic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leshrack: I don't watch drawn things, they are for children.
Pat on being combat medic for the first ACE 3 immersion night with full advanced medical turned on:
"You'll all be fine, as long as you don't sustain any wounds of any description."
autumn
Operational Command

Postby Shredeemer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am

autumn wrote:I've got a few energy weapons in my arsenal. They fire crazy purple, blue or orange things and do mega damage. They're pretty epic.

I was, specifically, referring to primary weapons... as the special weapons have the "fusion rifle". These are not to be confused with their variation on 'elemental' weapons, as these are not "energy weapons" in the conventional sense, although I have seen quite a few of them.
ImageImage

Shredeemer

Postby autumn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am

oh ok, they're referred to as energy weapons on the wiki. My bad.
Pat on being combat medic for the first ACE 3 immersion night with full advanced medical turned on:
"You'll all be fine, as long as you don't sustain any wounds of any description."
autumn
Operational Command

Postby autumn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 am

The Guardians of Reach needs some more members if anyone else is planning to get this :)

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/138038
autumn
Operational Command

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games